Load Testing helps a boutique digital testing firm improve response time by 10 seconds
The client is the statutory body and the national-level council for technical education in the country. It as a body is responsible for accrediting all postgraduate and graduate programs, under specific categories of technology for Indian institutions.
- The client wanted to load-test the application with 50 concurrent users.
- The following modules needed to be tested under the load test environment
- Customer Portal: Dashboards & Reports, Service Call History, Credit Note, Order History, Sales Order
- Admin Portal: Sales Order, Pricing Setup, Outgoing Calls, Payment Management, Eq. Management
- A Comprehensive Enterprise Solution for the Supply Chain Industry was load-tested under the test environment.
- The scalability and the performance of the application were to be monitored.
- Clients required a benchmark for their application (How many users it can sustain concurrently) and also Merged tests of all the modules in a single environment.
- Followed an iterative approach (10 users/300s) for individual modules and sufficient Thread Rampup time (10s) to benchmark the application’s response time, Client runs.
- Examined the infrastructure under the test environment and monitored all the processes with higher CPU and Memory consumption on the server (over 90%).
- Identified bottlenecks in CPU, Memory, and Network calls via Thread, Memory, and Connection Pool Management.
- Specific calls highlighted in each of the modules having huge response times (> 600s) needed to be optimized heavily.
- Provided dynamic solutions that can adapt to optimizations and re-run to generate reports again in the future.
Connect with Us
Reported CPU consumption of over 90% in the test environment with bottleneck functions on the UI of the application
Memory consumption of the database was constant at 70% overall whereas, above 85% memory usage was on an average for UI.
Response time for a smaller number of users (< 10) was similar to a higher number of users (=50).
The server sustained the load at huge memory consumption of over 99%.
Reported functional issues and the main cause of those issues resulting from another functionality in the application.
“Socket closed” Exception was reported in UI and the server went down after performing the test for a specific module. Which helped the client to re-design the system's modularity and cohesion.
A total of 14 modules are to be tested under the load test environment.
Designed and recommended the most appropriate flow to implement the test after investigating each
Get In Touch
We're all ears and eager to discuss your testing needs!
Crafting the best testing strategy for your product starts here.